Matching Guna - Cancellation of Dosha
In Vedic astrology, emphasis has been given on matching kundalis before marriage. Kundalis are matched in order to analyze the compatibility that two people would have throughout their married life. In the modern times, Kundalis are matched so as to know if the other person would be preferable for you or not. Matching kundalis of two people tells us about the married life, compatibility and happiness throughout their married life.
Most of the people have only one point of view toward matching kundalis. According to them, two people have a greater compatibility if most of their Guna match. But, this is not true. Sometimes, two people have problems in their married life even when all the 36 Guna match with each other. This is because sometimes people do not get their Janma kundalis matched. First of all, one should analyze if a person would be happy in his married life according to his Janma kundali. Only then should he proceed.
People just match Guna and check if the other person is Manglik or not. People usually reach a conclusion after doing all this. If we analyze the kundalis properly, there is a possibility to cancel out many Milan and Mangalik doshas. But nobody wants to waste so much time these days. Let us give you some information about the cancellation of different doshas.
Doshas numbered 1 to 4 are not usually cancelled. Cancellation starts from Gana Milan.
Cancellation of Gana Dosha
With the presence of Gana dosha in a kundali, you should first understand the following points :
- Gana dosha is cancelled due to the friendship of Lords of Moon signs and due to the difference between Navanshpati of Lords of Moon signs
- Gana dosha is also cancelled due to the friendship of planets and due to the difference between Nadis of the bride and groom
- No dosha is considered in a kundali in the absence of Tara, Vashya, Yoni, Grahamaitri and Bhakut doshas
Cancellation of Bhakut Dosha
Bhakut Milan comprises of three types of Doshas. These are Shadashtak, Nav Pancham and Dwi-Dwardasha doshas.
Cancellation of Shadashtak dosha
- Friendly Shadashtak occurs if the signs of groom-bride are Aries-Scorpio, Taurus-Libra, Gemini-Capricorn, Cancer-Sagittarius, Leo-Pisces or Virgo-Aquarius. It also occurs if the Lords of these signs are friendly to each other. Shadashtak of friendly signs is considered to be auspicious
- Shadashtak should be cancelled if it is not friendly and the Lords of the signs are enemies to each other
- Signs which are enemies to each other and result in an inauspicious Shadashtak are Aries-Virgo, Taurus-Sagittarius, Gemini-Scorpio, Cancer-Aquarius, Leo-Capricorn and Libra-Pisces
- Shadashtak dosha is cancelled if the sign is pure. The same happens if the signs are friendly to each other. Shadashtak dosha is also cancelled if the bride and the groom have the same sign and the Lords of the sigs are the same
Cancellation of Nav Pancham dosha
Cancellation of Nav Pancham dosha has been talked about in shastras. Nav Pancham dosha is formed when the signs of the bride and groom are 5/9 axis from each other.
- Nav Pancham is considered to be auspicious if the groom signs is fifth from the bride’s sign and the bride’s sign is ninth from the groom’s sign
- Nav Pancham dosha should be cancelled with a combination of either Pisces-Cancer, Scorpio-Cancer, Gemini-Aquarius or Virgo-Capricorn
- Nav Pancham dosha is cancelled if the signs or navanshpati of the bride and groom are friendly to each other
Cancellation of Dwi-Dwardasha dosha
- A bride may incur monetary losses if the bride’s sign is second from the groom’s sign. She helps in gaining wealth if her sign is twelfth from the groom’s sign
- This dosha is cancelled if the Lords of signs of the bride and groom are friendly to each other
- According to scholars, with the presence of Leo and Virgo’s Dwi-Dwardasha, this dosha is cancelled
Cancellation of Nadi dosha
Nadi dosha is cancelled in a lot of different ways :
- This dosha is cancelled if both bride and groom have the same sign but different Janma nakshatra
- It is also cancelled if both have the same Janma nakshatra but different signs
- Nadi dosha is also cancelled if both have the same Janma nakshatra but different Charan
- According to shastras, doshas are categorized on the basis of castes, i.e, Nadi dosha for Brahamana, Varna dosha for Kshatriya, Gana dosha for Vaishya and Yoni dosha for Shudra.
- According to Chintamani astrology, Nadi dosha is cancelled in the presence of Rohini, Mrigshira, Ardra, Jyeshtha, Kritika, Pushya, Shravan, Rewati and Uttarabhadrapad nakshatras